Thursday, September 5, 2019

KXNG - The Weeklys Volume 3


I listened to Crooked I 's #newmixtape - The weekly's 3. If you are unfamiliar he does a weekly freestyle/cover of a track each week. He's been compiling them and releasing them. He took it to another level on this one and is starting to raise his game and do things I didn’t know he was capable of lyrically. He's extremely focused and has dialed in on his storytelling, more importantly, his attention to detail in the stories. My favorite tracks " Life of Bandana", " Soul", " W2Cc" and "Family". He does a good job of picking beats to rhyme over and he's getting better with the concepts total song making. I'm hoping this improvement translates to him making an album with new original music. I'd give it A

No comments:

Post a Comment