Monday, November 18, 2019

Kanye West - Jesus is King



I listened to Kanye West's #newalbum - Jesus is King. Musically it was fire, I was thoroughly impressed, it contains excellent production, excellent arrangement, and melodies. It's sonically different than any rap or hip hop album you'll hear.  Lyrically it's lackluster, the normal help he would usually get was totally not available and it shows. The project was better than I expected, the songs I liked are "Follow God", "Closed on Sunday", "Every Hour" ft Sunday Service Choir, "Use This Gospel" ft. Clips and Kenny G, "Hands On" ft. Fred Hammond. It's better than a lot of gospel albums, definitely better than most gospel rap album, it's repeatable but not heavy rotation. It might get some radio play but I'm not sure what would be a lead single, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear a choir singing a few of the songs.  Definitely worth a listen. I'd give it a B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment