Thursday, August 29, 2019

Missy Elliot - Iconology


I listened to Missy Elliot's #newEP - Iconology.  It severely lacked luster. The beats were simple, not simply brilliant but basically just simple. One had a trap feel. But nothing exceptional or extra creative or different. Shes never really been lyrical but shes had good song making and personality( missy's music is best consumed in visual form); she didn’t really exhibit any of that on this project. Once you get past the excitement of her having new music out, there wasn’t much more to be excited about. “Why I still Love you” is the best song, it might get some radio play on Adult/R&B formats, but I'm not sure if it'll be a hit, and for me it's still only an alright song. The EP is not particularly memorable, repeatable, or standout. I’d have to give it an F. I only liked one song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment