Sunday, August 18, 2019

Tyga - Legendary


I listened to Tyga's #newalbum - Legendary. I'll be honest I wasn't a fan. Too many of the beats sounded the same. Lyrically it was wack, He legit has nothing to say, and can't say the nothingness in a creative or catchy way. He's been making the same music and using the same formula and chasing the same success since "Rack City". Essentially get a big name feature, randomly talk about something and make it have a strip club feel. The total package of his music is not really for listening to and I would have probably would enjoy it better if it was just instrumentals. Nothing really stood out and there's room for plenty of improvement. The beats could be better, he really needs to focus on his content, focus on creativity, and improve the song making. I wouldn't be shocked if it got some radio play, but I didn't hear a smash hit that'll be on the radio for a long haul or a single that'll be in heavy rotation in the club scene. The album doesn't have a standout track, a go-to track, neither is any particular song repeatable and it's definitely not a whole album listen. I'd have to to give it a F.

No comments:

Post a Comment