Monday, August 19, 2019

Ras Kass - Soul On Ice 2




I listenedt to Ras  Kas #newalbum - Soul On Ice 2. It  was pretty good. It’s an album that has to grow on you because it’s a deep listen and it’s not an easy listen; he gives some substance and some subjects you have to think about and possibly research to understand. It’s definitely not  for the average listener, it’s lyrically too dense and it’s not instantly entertaining or catchy. The beats are alright, some pretty good, but nothing that you can’t forget or that’ll make you hurt your neck and head banging to it. His flow needed work on some of the beats, it didn’t fit with some of the production. It wasn't memorable enough for me to identify a favorite track, a go to track, or a single. I'd listen to it again but it wouldn't be instantly, I'd have to work my way bac k around to it. It's a whole album listen, I didn't hear a particular track that would be on repeat listen. I'd give it a C+

No comments:

Post a Comment